- Passionate about retail and merchandising
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
- Opportunity for future growth
This role acts as the mediator between our customers and vendors for the delivery of the highest standard of service and products that meet their needs and expectations.
How will you make a difference?
- Secure and grow the share of wallet with customers, ensure the team has sufficient preparation before negotiation meetings during the buying season
- Advise buyers on order placement decisions and provide suggestions on price negotiation
- Handle and troubleshoot production issues with vendors by presenting alternatives and solutions to customers
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirements in order to reach KPI targets
- Maintain compliance at all time with social and quality requirements
- Occasional travel will be required
What are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree holder in Merchandising, Textile, Clothing or related disciplines
- Experience in Materials Sourcing, Product Development, Garment Construction, and Sample Development
- Minimum of 3 years garment merchandising experience in ideally in woven items
- Familiar with MS Office programmes – Office 365, SharePoint and Adobe Illustrator
- Sound fashion sense and a good understanding of textile quality
- Strong sense of taking the initiative by working independently with good time management
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) with additional fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin (essential for supplier communications)
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 25 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.